Fishing Charters Mackay
Oh yes, you should be excited! By now you have boarded the vessel and are steaming toward the outer Great Barrier Reef. The reef fishing out from my Mackay is exceptional and the distance travelled ensures you are the only boat fishing these remote and pristine waters.
The bottom fishing is well and truly worth the wait. Shallower shoaly locations are dominated by coral trout and red throat emperor with the deeper gutter territory being made up of the iconic red emperor and large-mouthed nannygai. Undoubtedly these fish are highly regarded, are real trophys and are pursued by many an avid fisherman. These fish can be targeted traditionally on bait or by plastics and even metal jigs for those anglers accustomed to this form of fishing.
Dory’s can be towed out upon request behind the mother-ship. This can open up another whole world of fishing opportunities whilst on pursuit for marauding GT’s or large coral trout around the reef edge.
The crew aren’t just extremely helpful but these guys seriously know their stuff as well. They truly epitomise the word “decky”, working absolutely non-stop to please the punters. It’s all about the one percenters – those little things that are done to turn a good fishing experience into a great one. These guys have no shortage of GPS marks so when the fishing quietens down on one spot, the skipper makes no hesitation in motoring to another nearby mark. Their close proximity makes it ideal for a spot of trolling for a Spanish mackerel along the way. Remarkably, a recent troll run came up tight to a large free jumping sail-fish that was landed. Captures such as this are not a rare occurrence and are simply icing on the cake.
All our trips are catered and high quality meals are prepared by our on board chef, Roly. Roly has been in Australia for a number of years but has spent a lifetime cooking in Europe. His experience ensures that you will only be dining on the best. Please let us know if you have any special dietary requests.
Please contact us for information about our prices.
- Air port Pick up
- Breakfast- Bacon, Sausages, Omelettes, cereal, fruit and yoghurt.
- Morning Tea- Cakes, biscuits and fruit
- Lunch- BBQ, cold meat, Caesar salad, green salads. Sometimes the cook will do dishes like spaghetti bolognaise and others
- Afternoon Savouries-Savour platter’s, chips and dips.
- Dinner- Roasts, BBQ’s and speciality dishes. Also vegetable and salads. Also fish will be cooked if our clients prefer.
- Dessert- Apple Pie, Sticky date and ice cream
- Tackle- All terminal tackle supplied for bottom fishing. This includes sinkers, hooks, line, leader and trolling lures.
- Bait- Quality squid and pilchards along with fresh cut baits at sea.
- Alcohol-Not supplied but you are welcome to BYO.Please bring cans if possible.
- We can also have alcohol delivered for the bigger groups.
- Rods and reels- We do not supply free of charge. We do however have a hire service and these are at $15.00 per day.
- Speciality Lures- We do not supply jigs, soft plastics, poppers etc. If you would like advice on these lures please don’t hesitate to contact us and we can recommend types.
Get in touch with us to see how we can cater an extended reef trip for your group! See more about these experiences in our Trip Reports and Reviews
Great trip out of Cairns on Sir Reel with a terrific crew. The skipper worked hard to find us fish all week and the boys were amazing around the deck making our life easy with rigs and fish. Chris was the master chef all week. Cannot rate these guys highly enough. Recommended.Dale Bainbridge
Can't recommend highly enough Cliff and the guys from Northern Conquest Charters, San Miguel. From organising the trip from interstate with Cliff to a skipper who worked bloody hard to put us on the fish (Stuie, you're a legend!!). Then there was Chris and Bill who kept us fed, baited and generally entertained, exceptional service and dedication. Awesome trip, a huge thanks from the Darwin mob, we'll be back!!Bert McMahon
Book a trip
View our upcoming trips, pricing and book your next trip online.