Extended Reef Trips
We are proud to offer what we believe could be the most versatile range of live aboard options in the country!
- Standard reef fishing for coral trout, red emperor and numerous other species
- Coral Sea wilderness fishing (Flinders Reef) which includes species such as marlin, huge dog tooth tuna, XOS GTs, dinosaur coral trout and much more
- Specialized guided trips utilizing methods such as deep sea jigging, poppers, soft plastics and trolling techniques for dog tooth tuna, amberjack, Spanish mackerel, dolphin fish, wahoo, GTs and other highly respected sports and game fish.
- Mud crab and Barramundi tours in the pristine Hinchinbrook Channel
- Option to snorkel pristine locations on the reef as a means of breaking up long trips and giving your arms a much needed rest
- Island and sand cay stop overs to stretch the legs if clients are keen
- Choice of dories on offer if required
All our trips are catered and high quality meals are prepared by our on board chef, Roly. Roly has been in Australia for a number of years but has spent a lifetime cooking in Europe. His experience ensures that you will only be dining on the best. Please let us know if you have any special dietary requests.
Please contact us for information about our prices.
- Air port Pick up
- Breakfast- Bacon, Sausages, Omelettes, cereal, fruit and yoghurt.
- Morning Tea- Cakes, biscuits and fruit
- Lunch- BBQ, cold meat, Caesar salad, green salads. Sometimes the cook will do dishes like spaghetti bolognaise and others
- Afternoon Savouries-Savour platter’s, chips and dips.
- Dinner- Roasts, BBQ’s and speciality dishes. Also vegetable and salads. Also fish will be cooked if our clients prefer.
- Dessert- Apple Pie, Sticky date and ice cream
- Tackle- All terminal tackle supplied for bottom fishing. This includes sinkers, hooks, line, leader and trolling lures.
- Bait- Quality squid and pilchards along with fresh cut baits at sea.
- Alcohol-Not supplied but you are welcome to BYO.Please bring cans if possible.
- We can also have alcohol delivered for the bigger groups.
- Rods and reels- We do not supply free of charge. We do however have a hire service and these are at $15.00 per day.
- Speciality Lures- We do not supply jigs, soft plastics, poppers etc. If you would like advice on these lures please don’t hesitate to contact us and we can recommend types.
Great trip out of Cairns on Sir Reel with a terrific crew. The skipper worked hard to find us fish all week and the boys were amazing around the deck making our life easy with rigs and fish. Chris was the master chef all week. Cannot rate these guys highly enough. Recommended.Dale Bainbridge
We just got off the boat after a 4 day fishing trip and all 10 of us loved it. All the staff were great and could'nt do enough to make you feel comfortable which made our trip thoughly enjoyable. Mick the chef cooked up a storm, and I think ive put on 2kgs in 4 days, hehe. Carl and Bill were sensational deckies and really new their stuff and never stoped working throughout the whole trip. We picked a bad week for the weather unfortunatly, but a big thanks goes out to the skipper (Bob) for always trying to get us on the fish when mother nature was against us. Thanks again, Chris from the Wandering Fisho's 2016.Christopher Rimmer
Book a trip
View our upcoming trips, pricing and book your next trip online.