Day and Overnight Charters
" We pride ourselves on delivering the best that the reef has to offer"
Commonly we would base our night fishing on Red Emperor and Large Mouth Nannygai. Of course there is a lot of by catch along with this. Spangled emperor, Cobia, Cod, Green Job Fish, Mangrove Jack and lots more.Through the day time the focus is on Coral Trout but it is normal to catch a bunch of Red Throat and other species with these. We would normally run out some balloons for Mackerel as well.
On the trip out and back to the reef our clients are also welcome to put out a selection of high speed lures, quite often these will produce a Mackerel or Wahoo.All fish are gutted and gilled and bagged up for our guests when they return.
Just you, or a few?
We run frequent 10, 12 and 24 hours trips to book that you can book on NOW.
Need the whole crew?
Got some mates, work party or a hen/bucks night and need the whole boat?
Flick Cliff a line, and we'll work out the best charter for you!
After the prized plate catch? Our guides have marked every bounty hole where you can sink a heavy line right to the bottom, where some fast-paced jigging can land you the stunning Red Emperor, Nannygai and our favourite; the Coral Trout. Be prepared for a arm workout bringing your catch up to the surface!
Jump onboard the tender and head to the shoals and bommies in any of the pristine reef lagoons for some fun on the light tackle! Flick about with your tempting lures to bring in Dog Tooth tuna, Mahi Mahi and even Wahoo!
Whilst heading out to and back from the reef, or moving over the shelf, we will let out baited or lured lines as we motor along. This is a popular method for catching those pelagic species such as Wahoo, Spanish Mackerel and even a Sailfish if you’re lucky!
Sir Reel is a 58' Conquest purpose built for fishing in total comfort and safety along with the following features, comforts and trip inclusions:
- State of the art Fish finding and navigation equipment on board
- Air Conditioned accommodation cabins
- A great shower with a desalination unit ensuring heaps of fresh water for the shower and toilet
- A huge rear deck for maximum fishing room
- An air conditioned saloon with TV and DVD making a great place for a game of cards or just kicking back watching a movie
- Four freezers and three fridges ensure we take the utmost care with your catch
- On extended trips (exceeding 72 hrs) we will fillet, bag and freeze your catch for you
- An extensive range of quality fishing equipment supplied by our good friends at Shimano with all bait, proven hard and soft body lures and terminal tackle supplied
- All of our trips provide a wide variety of quality cooked meals and drinks (non alcoholic) and can cater for all diets.
San Miguel is a 65' Purchased in 2014 to provide a platform for our extended trips. It has a length of 18.2 metres and a beam of 5.0metres
- Room for up to 12 guests (All linen supplied)
- 2 showers and 2 Toilets (Helps with that line up in the mornings)
- Great top deck area for relaxing or even as a casting platform (Catch the breeze on the top deck)
- 2.5m3 of Freezer space + Snap (Treatment of your catch is very important to us and goes through the following steps. After being caught the fish are bled in a saltwater tub. From there they are chilled in a saltwater brine until set. Next filleted and the snap frozen ensuring the highest quality. We also supply Styrofoam airline approved boxes to take your catch home. Alternatively road transport can be arranged.)
- Fully Air-conditioned in Cabins and Bridge (Great comfort)
- Power outlets in Cabins for CPAP machines ( Keep the snoring down)
- Great Galley area with Large BBQ (taste the marvels that chef Roly creates)
- Large water storage and desalinator (Plenty of hot water for showers)
- Washing machine
All terminal tackle supplied including a range of lures for trolling. (Casting lures not supplied but you are welcome to bring along.)
Javelin is a 7.7 metre Javelin, purpose built for fishing in total comfort and safety
along with the following features, comforts and trip inclusions:
- Room for 10 but capped at 8 people
- State of the art Fish finding and navigation equipment on board
- Portaloo on board to make things easy
- Drum anchor winch
- Great fishing around the shoals and wrecks
- Cruise at 24 knots making for less travel time
- Retractable shade to help protect from the harsh North Queensland Sun
These trips go out during the day and are approximately 10 hour trips and are an ideal trip for those that want a quick fishing fix.
Normal departure times are 0600 and return at 1600
These trips can be either day or night fishing.
Normal trip times would be 0600 to 1800 or 1700 to 0500.
For full boat bookings, these times can be flexible.
These are our most popular trip due to the balance of both night and day fishing.
Normal scheduled times are 1600 to 1800 departures and return 24 hours later. For your convenience "Sir Reel" has air conditioned cabins if a rest is required. Other than that you can fish all night. Unlike other operators we crew our boat so that at any time if the fishing goes off the boil we shift spots right through the night enabling our clients to get as much fishing in as possible.
These trips are our most common and with our experienced crew you can be assured of some great fishing action whilst your every need is catered for.
Due to rising costs and maintaining our level of quality we have needed to bring in a system of Rod and Reel hire.
On day trips will be a $15.00 a day surcharge and $25 on 24 hours to cover purchasing new gear and maintenance of the old.
Our guests of course are very welcome to bring their own gear.
For Reef fishing we have quality glass rods and Shimano Spheros in spin reels and TLD 20 in Overheads.
"We are proud to employ some of North Queensland's best Game and Reef fishing captains and crew."
Bob Wallenburg and Laurence Buckley are our captains and along with their experienced crew can ensure that if the fish are biting you will be there amongst it.
Due to COVID-19 we are not providing food - this is reflected in pricing.
- Breakfast: Bacon, eggs, sausages and fruit juice.
- Morning tea: Cakes and biscuits.
- Lunch: BBQ or gourmet wraps and rolls.
- Afternoon: savoury platters.
- Dinner: Roast meats/BBQ and vegetables/salad.
- Soft drinks, Fruit juice, tea and coffee.
Special catering can be organised for dietary reasons.
We can also supply seafood and other special dishes by order.
Food and drinks are not included on the full day trips to wrecks and shoals.
We do not supply any alcoholic drinks on board but our customers are welcome to BYO.
We ask that where possible these drinks are in cans if possible and that they are consumed responsibly.
Day Fishing Charters
Where are we located?
Please ring or email us on the numbers below if you would like any further information or for bookings.
66-70 Perkins St West, Railway Estate, Townsville, QLD, 4810
G Finger Breakwater Marina Mariners Drive, Townsville
We also do custom jobs. So for a quote please contact us by email.